March 16, 2014

The HookUp

Hello There!!! Busy busy week friends!!!

Just to recap, Mondays after work I aways spend time with Frances. TuesdayI went in to work early, had a fun birthday lunch for two lovely ladies, I worked late and went to the gym. Wednesday I went into work early, and I had the James eLife group after work {love those people} and Thursday I went in early, and worked late and ended it at the gym. Friday work was great, as always, and  last night I went to Decatur for THE HOOKUP.

oh, the H o o k u p
A few weeks ago I wrote about something that I don't talk about too often and that a lot of people don't know about me. You can read that post here. Last night was all about everything that I have always stood for when it comes to relationships and dating. It was amazing to be in a room packed full of people from teenage years to upper sixties all making the decision from that point in there life, on, to live a life
100% committed to God, pure, trusting him with our lives, our relationships, our love, and getting all of the junk that can harm relationships out of the way. 

I made that vow of purity to God when I was younger and if you know me, you know that when I say I'm going to do something, I stick to that and I keep my promises. I have and I'm proud to say that. But going to the Hookup opened my eyes to so many other reason as to why I chose this path. I guess since I've never put myself in the position, I never realized how many emotional ties and baggage that sex outside of marriage adds to someones life. That breaks my heart. I feel like its the hardest since I'm now in my mid-twenties and people have a hard time understanding. The hookup helped me realize that the decision I made is the right one, no matter how old I am.

The HookUp was fantastic and I am so thankful that God has put me in a place where I am being taught the word of God. I am learning and growing. The leaders in this church live a life completely surrendered to God and he is using every single one of them in incredible ways. I am in love friends. Completely in L O V E and so incredibly thankful. 

No comments: