February 1, 2014

Life Now.

Hello There!
Today I woke up in Birmingham. HOME. It's so weird to me when I think back over the last few years how my life has completely changed.

When I was in college {06-10} the city of Florence to me...well, it was just Florence, a place that I lived because thats where I went to school. It wasn't bad. It was just alright. Every Thursday after class I couldn't wait to hit the road home. Every. single. weekend. & yes, I put a ton of miles on my little Theodore Millie. When I graduated and moved back to the ham, if you were to ask me if I would ever live in Florence again, I would have definitely laughed in your face!! 



When I moved back to Florence in 2012, of course I was nervous. I'm an adult now. I wasn't just moving for school. This was going to be my residence....permanent residence, at least for a little while. It's amazing what your life can turn into when you completely trust God. God put me in Florence. There is no other explanation for it. My best friend got me a job, I moved in with her and my life changed drastically. I'm so thankful that France & I got so close after college. They say distance makes the heart grow fonder, in our friendship thats absolutely the truth. We got so close when I lived in Birmingham and my life wouldn't be at the point it is now if she wouldn't have talked me into packing it all up and moving in with her!

This time around living in Florence has changed my life. When I come to the ham now, of course I love being with my family, but there is such a huge part of me that I always find wondering if I'm missing out on any fun times in flotown while I am gone. I miss my friends. I miss my home. I miss a lot of things. After these last couple of months I've realized that I call this place home and it is. It's my home. Is it my home forever...my guess is NO! I'll go wherever God wants me. I know that if I wouldn't have trusted God with this journey, I wouldn't be able to say that. He's put the perfect people in my life, the perfect family away from family, the perfect church, and the best friends that I could have ever hoped for. The last six months of 2013 were the incredible and I can't wait to see what I am saying this time in a year. It's bright friends...very very bright!

I don't want to come off on my little space here like I have the perfect life. I have tough times, I have bad days. But for the most part my life is pretty perfect because I totally trust God with it, therefore there is absolutely nothing to worry about and he wants me to live my life to the fullest. So that's what I'm doing.

I hope you are feeling as blessed as I am today!

bye now loves
B's

No comments: