August 13, 2013

Underestimated


Sunday afternoon, I went and had some asian food with my long time friend Will. Will & I have known each other our entire lives basically and he was one of my best friends all through High School. When they brought our checks of course they brought us fortune cookies. Usually I open them, halfway read them and laugh because they are usually pretty silly. This one however, really struck a chord.

Since Sunday I've been thinking about how I view myself. Just to be honest, I have zero confidence in my talents and I underestimate myself too often. I know they saying we are our own worst critic, and its such a true statement, but for me...I do nothing to critique myself on. I'm just wasting my talent doing the same thing day in and day out. just over and over and over again. And who's fault is that? No ones but mine!

I think the problem is that the goals I set are so easy for me to achieve. I set goals that I know I can accomplish....Yes, when you set goals you should set realistic ones, but they should at least be challenging. Mine aren't and thats no ones fault but my own simply because I underestimate the things I can do, and I am terrified of failure. Again, just wasting talent because of fear. It's ridiculous. I really need to re-evalute my life and the plan that GOD has for me. Somehow I've run off thinking I can do this myself...my own way and guess what, I can't. I want Gods plan for my life, not Brianna's. So whatever that is, I'm ready and willing to do whatever I need to.

"...Everything is possible for one who believes." - Mark 9:23
"...What is impossible with man, is possible with God." Luke 18:27
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to HIS purpose." Romans 8:28

I am praying for a new confidence in myself and confidence in the talents that God has given me. He gave them to me for a reason and it wasn't to sit them aside and let them collect dust. Thanks for letting my get a few things off my chest and thanks so much for reading and loving me:)

bB***

No comments: