July 7, 2016

WE ARE ENGAGED!!!

Hi Hi Hi!!
So I am totally ashamed that it has taken me an entire week to write this post. But in all fairness, I've been walking in this crazy fantasy cloud since it happened and we've already been in a whirlwind of planning.

So last Thursday started like any other day. The early morning 5 am drive to Aaron's to see him before he heads in to work. He acted the same as always...Sleepy and always sweet. The doggies and I sent him off to work as always, then I cuddled on the couch with the pups for a minute before heading off to the gym and to walmart!

Friday was Aarons Birthday, so on Thursday when he text me and said his whole office was going to lunch together, I didn't think anything of it. They will come to Jimmy Johns every once in a while and Aaron will stop by to see me. It always makes my day!! SO, again, I didn't think anything of it! I was excited because I thought I was actually going to get to meet all of the people he works with. 

So after the gym, I came home, got dressed for work hopped in my JEEP :) and headed downtown. I worked the morning away. The time flew by and before I knew it Aaron was texting me saying that he didn't have much time for lunch so to hurry outside! So, naturally I shot up out of desk, grabbed my purse and headed out the door. 


When I got to the bottom of the studio stairs, I opened the door and to my surprise my handsome man was standing at the door with the most gorgeous smile on his face. He grabbed my hand and started saying something...I didn't hear a thing he said. I just saw his mouth moving. Hahahaha! 
And then I asked him what he said...He said something about being nervous. And then he said some other stuff. Happiest Man. Love of his life. Something else...It was all running together and I was so overwhelmed I honestly couldn't even comprehend what was happening! Then he got down on one knee and had the most beautiful ring I have ever seen! He then asked me if I would marry him and I so happily said YES! 

I am still so shocked that I wasn't bawling my eyes out. When things like that happen it takes me a little bit to process it all. I think its my overthinking habits that get in the way! But either way, that was the best day of my life and that was only the start of it! 


We did in fact eat Jimmy Johns afterwards. But I was just so shocked and in awe that I get to marry the most incredible human being on the planet that I had no appetite at all to eat. I was in my own little love bubble with Aaron just floating around. After lunch it was time to get back to work. We had a shoot that afternoon and it took every ounce of concentration I had to even make it through the rest of that work day. All I wanted to do was see my HANDSOME man! 


My Ring is SO PERFECT for me. It's everything and so much more than I ever imagined it would be, just like the man I get to marry!!

After work, we were supposed to be going over to my aunt and uncles house to celebrate my nanny's birthday! So when I got off, Aaron met me there and I rode with him! The whole drive we just talked about how everything had happened that day and how he just knew that now was the right time:) and he's right! It was the PERFECT time! So as I got out of the car at my aunts house, I hear this sweet sweet song about marriage playing out from there house and as I walked up to the sidewalk, it was lined with rose petals and candles. SO PRETTY! I quickly realized when I opened the door that this was indeed not a party for my nanny for Aaron and I! And of course he knew and had planned the whole thing. I was so SO excited to see all of my family there to celebrate us. When I looked around the room and saw my best friend who drove from Huntsville standing there, that's when I lost all control of my tears! It meant the world to me all the hard work and how perfect my auntie, uncle, mom, dad, and the girls made that party for us and to see all the people I love most there for me on such a special day!!! 

We just had such a fun time celebrating. We watched the video of the proposal happening and it was SO sweet. I can't wait to watch it again! 

I have TONS of photos from the engagement party, but for some reason the disk they were on, isn't working properly, SO I will post those in a separate post all on their own! There will be LOADS of them!!

So now its time for some WEDDING PLANNING! I feel like we have already dove head first in and its going to be a fun ride along the way :)

Thank you to everyone who made that day so special to me. But most of all thank you Aaron for choosing me every single day and loving me on all of those days good or bad. You are my person and I am SO thankful that God put us together. I can't wait to be your wife and to see what crazy adventures are ahead of us! LOVE YOU!!

I hope you all enjoyed my proposal story! I wouldn't have changed one single thing about it. Aaron did SO good and totally caught me completely off guard. I had no idea that was going to happen that day. I literally just thought we were going to Jimmy Johns!

Stay tuned for Engagement Party Photos!
Bye Now
bB***






2 comments:

Alesia Evans said...

I am so happy for you both. But when is the date? Have you set one yet?

Kandi said...

This is so perfect!! love your story and love you!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU, gorgeous girl!! xoxoxoxoxoxo