March 8, 2015

MAUI: Downtown Lahaina


HAPPY S U N D AY
I am so excited to go to Kumulani Chapel Today.
I only have two more Sundays after today....at least until I move;)

This weekend has been good so far. 
It has been very very cold though. Yesterday we went downtown to the a little craft fair on Front Street. We watched the dances, we walked to the harbor, and just looked at all of the booths.  




I took a little walk down a little further into Front Street and got a coffee from Bad Ass Coffee. The man operating the shop was hilarious. These people have such laid back personalities and that is one of the main things I love about being here. 

The shop was super cute. They had so many different blends of coffee. I just got a Soy Cappuccino. I wanted to get a cute coffee mug, but then thought....well dang. I already have SO MUCH to bring home. Im probably already over my weight limit. not that a coffee cup would make that much of a difference, but I held off anyway just to be on the safe side! I guess I would ship a lot of stuff to myself hahaha! 
Oh speaking of USPS....It takes 
F O R F R E A K I N E V E R
to send stuff to Alabama from Hawaii. It seriously takes like 7 to 8 days. Its crazy! And Im super impatient when it comes to me precious snail mail. 


After downtown and lunch, we finally made it to the beach. BUT guess what....it was Freezing. Its actually so crazy how my body has adjusted to the temp. The slightest drop in temperature now feels so drastic. I am always cold at night and the temp is usually still at least upper 60s to 70s.
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr


So needless to say, we werent at the beach very long!
Maybe we will get to go back today.
I could stay out there every day....all day.
Gosh I love island life. 
I'm so ready to make it permanent. 

HAPPY SUNDAY LOVES
Bye now 
bB***

P.S. Alabama people....we are now FIVE hours difference in time. I am five hours behind you and I HATE it!!!! It makes a lot of things difficult.
Anyway...I hope the change isnt too bad on you. 

No comments: