July 9, 2014

Living MY Life!!!!!

Hi...I wanted to share a few things that I have had on my mind about myself to try and reflect a little on things that I'm not fully being thankful for; things I'm not fully taking action to conquer; things I'm not fully putting my all into; things I'm not taking advantage of; and this list goes on...


If I didn't know truly how old I was, I would probably say I'm somewhere between the age of 22 and 26. So, I'm slightly behind a little bit in being where people think I should be as a twenty-six year old woman. Yes, I make a great life for myself!!! I pay my bills, I have nice things, I work hard....very hard!!!! But, sometimes I do feel like there are things missing in my life that most people at my age already have.... A house, a husband, a nagging mother-in-law, nieces, nephews, and my list could go on and on. However, I love the life I have as a single, independent woman and I am so proud to say that this is my life :) 

If I could get a huge HUGE message across the world, it would be that we shouldn't have to fit a mold. Be Free. Be unique. Be you. Do what you love and love what you do. Love people & Love YOU! 

If I don't make the life I want now, the life I dream of, when will it happen?? There isn't a better time than 
R I G H T  N O W.  
If I knew that someone was judging me on how I live my life every day, I would guess, that they would say I am failing at fulling taking advantage and leaping into the things that I know I am capable of. That aside, I would say that I do live the best life I can, and do my best to live a life that is after God's heart and pleasing to him. And to me, that IS the most important thing in this life. 

The past few months, I haven't experienced anything unique or interesting enough to even remember, except work. work and work. That's sad. I should really stop calculating the risks of failing, embarrassing myself, worrying about other peoples thoughts, and just do whatever makes Brianna HAPPY!!! If I cry, its a sign of strength, not weakness. If I fail, at least I can say I tried. When I'm old and wrinkled, none of your thoughts will matter anyway. The only thing that matters is that I have actually LIVED a life without regret and that is a life that I have loved and have been loved in. 

I settle too often for the knowledge I already have instead of asking more questions, all in fear of sounding like an idiot. When in reality, I'm such an idiot for simply not asking. I love the life I have, but I don't celebrate it. I don't fully appreciate it, and I definitely take it for granted. When it's all over,  I haven't done more, nor have I said more. The difference between living and existing is that to actually LIVE, you have to give. Existing is just being...that's it. You actually have to put in an effort to fully L I V E. 

If my friends spoke to me the way I speak to myself I would absolutely without question get rid of them. Who needs that negativity anyway? I am my worst enemy, and my worst critic. I am definitely aware that people in this world have things way worse than I do. But that too is most likely by choice. If my life ended now, I would regret caring so much about what everyone thinks; I would regret not speaking my mind; I would regret not living a fully EXCITING life. I would regret choosing every. single. day. to have a mediocre life and fitting into a mold that society says I should fit in to. 

This is NOT what I want....a life full of regrets. 
Things for me are changing, and I hope my little rant of all over the place thoughts, might even put a little fire under your butt, and make you question the life you live everyday!

Bye now
bB***

1 comment:

jamie.sue said...

I can totally relate to this post! It's so easy to let what other people think of you and your decisions determine what you do and don't do. It's easy to try to fit a "mold" of what's expected of you.(I fight these kinds of thoughts every day - I mean, my 2 1/2 kids should be like 5 by now.. haha)

You are so amazing and talented! I know that your dreams will take you incredible places. My prayer for you is that God will fill you with boldness to jump in with both feet into your dreams! Love you BB!