November 15, 2013

Spicy Cola Chicken

Hey there! If you have been reading my blog for a good bit, you probably already know that Chicken {&spicysalmonrolls} is the only thing that stands between me & vegetarianism. So, I think it's safe to say, I l o v e chicken. Like most people, I don't like to eat the same ole chicken, cooked the same ole way all the time. I am always looking for new {h e a l t h y} ways to give a new spin on some chicken!

Here is a delicious new recipe 
SPICY COLA CHICKEN

WHAT YOU NEED:
3 Chicken Breasts
1 Cup of Ketchup
1 Can Diet Coke {or Coca Cola, or Dr. Pepper, or Pepsi, Etc.}
1Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes

WHAT YOU DO:
In a bowl, mix Ketchup, Coke and Pepper Flakes all together. Set aside. Place Chicken Breast in a Crock-Pot then pour the Cola Mixture over the chicken making sure the chicken is completely covered with the mixture. Pop the lid on, now let this cook away for a good four or five hours. 

After the chicken is cooked thoroughly,  remove the chicken from the Crock-Pot and put in a square casserole dish. It doesn't have to be a big rectangular one. Now, shred the chicken using a fork. This should be very easy because the chicken should be very tender at this point. After the chicken is shred, pour the sauce from the Crock-Pot over the chicken and mix together to coat all of the chicken in the cola sauce. and thats it! You're donezo!!

Serve the chicken over your favorite rice!




This chicken is fantastic with Wild Rice, but you can serve it with whichever rice ir your favorite OR you can eat it solo. 
It's absolutely delicious and come on, does it get anymore simple?!?
I put mine in the crock-pot over my lunch break and let it cook the rest of the day while I was at work and while I went to work out.
It's great to come home to a meal that is almost finished cooking!
If you give this recipe a try, please let me know what you think.

OH and HAPPY FRIDAY! So glad its the weekend.
Bye now, 
B's


No comments: