September 26, 2012

Wedding Sweets

Hey there. Sunday I gave you a tiny glimpse into a few photos from the Wedding Party for Trueman and Lydia. When Frances put me in charge of the cake and sweet section, I initially started thinking and somewhat panicking over where to order them from...What flavors.....plus, who wants to pay an arm and a leg for a cupcake? Not I. 


So I decided to just see if they were interested in me doing all of the baking myself! So, that's what we did. I withheld in my previous post mostly all of the cake pictures, because I wanted to share them TONIGHT on Creative Share night of course. 


So here are my treats from the wedding party!! 



I made two different flavors. One was wedding cake of course, the other was caramel. I was torn over making just one flavor, the wedding cake, and ditching the caramel. But, after a trial run and taste testing with my family the week before, the outcome of who liked what, was split right down the middle, so I just went with making BOTH!!! I went with Caramel as the other flavor really because I mainly needed the caramel color to make a pretty color palette. It worked out PERFECT!!


I made them their own layered cake, specifically for them to stick with tradition to freeze then eat on their one year anniversary of marriage. I loved how this turned out. 




They all turned out so good and thanks to Mary Mac for helping me so much. She was a super FANTASTIC baking assistant. Everyone seemed to really enjoy all of the goodies. And I already, thanks to Frances have another event lined up to bake for!!! YES!!


Hope you enjoyed the photos. Make sure to stop by the Trendy Treehouse for other pretty and creative sharing.


Tootles for tonight


B's

No comments: