July 18, 2012

Fig Preserves

Okay here here here they are.


My beautiful preserved Figs!!! First of all I must start off with a HUGE thank you to my Grandaddy for taking the time to pick them just for me. They were delicious as they were, but I have been SO anxious to make Fig preserves since I didn't get a chance to make them last year. 


Here are a few photos I snagged.




Here's the Recipe! It makes around 1 pint...I made six pints.


WHAT YOU NEED:


1 lb fresh figs right off the tree, stemmed and cut into 1/2 or 1/4 sections, whichever you prefer. 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of lemon juice, and 1/4 cup of water. 


WHAT YOU DO:


Combine all the fig pieces and sugar in a large saucepan and let it sit, stirring occasionally. Do this for about 15 minutes until the figs start to become softer and the sugar has dissolved. Add the lemon juice and water to the figgies. Bring this to a boil stirring, stirring, stirring until you are sure all of the sugar is dissolved. Turn down the heat and let it simmer, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes. The Fruit will become soft and the juice will start to thicken to the consistency of preserves. Spoon jam into preferred jar size and seal the jars! 


I also packaged mine so they would be something a little more special to give to the people I love the most. To package them I added fabric and circle tag labels that I cut and drew a little doodle or handwritten note.


Well well thats my creative share for the week.


Hope you enjoyed it.


Bysie bB***


P.s. Stop by the TRENDY TREEHOUSE for more creativeness.

No comments: