June 13, 2012

Cucumbers.

Tonights blog post is a little bit behind schedule because a couple of friends came over for game night!



We played imaginiff, Cranium, and scattegories.


It was lots of fun!!!


So I do however have a small little tidbit about myself to share with you. READY? I absolutely 100% hate cucumbers. I've always hated them. ALWAYS! I dont even like them to touch any of my food because it leaves its taste behind on whatever it touches.


My dad has his little garden that he works so hard on, and a lot of the garden is cucumber and tomatoes.  I've only ever eaten a cucumber when its raw, or doesn't have any other seasonings or anything at all. So, this year I have decided to search for cucumber recipes to give them a try...again and make them not so "Blah."


TOMATO & CUCUMBER SALAD



INGREDIENTS


4 ripe tomatoes
2 large cucumbers
olive oil
oregano
vinegar
salt


DIRECTIONS


lean the tomatoes and cut them in wedges. Place in bowl. Peel cucumbers and cut them in thin slices. Add to bowl.
Add olive oil, oregano and salt (all to taste). Sprinkle vinegar over the salad, taste and add more vinegar if needed. Serve.


Seems simple enough! Now lets hope I like cucumbers this way! I'm willing to give it a try.


Do you know any cucumber recipes? Please share them, and I'll definitely give them a try too.


Tootles


B's

No comments: