April 4, 2012

Figs!

My auntie stopped by tonight! While she was here, she mentioned that they now have a fig tree to take care of. I must say, I was pretty ecstatic about this news. I LOVE figs. They are probably one of my favorite fruits, the only thing is....they have such a short little life!Picking Figs last year with my grandaddy was so memorable and fun! I think we ate more while we were picking them than we actually came back with! Last year I had all intentions on making some fig preserves, but never got around to doing so....This year that will not happen!


Here is a delicious Fig Recipe that I will be using in the next few weeks


FIG JAM



INGREDIENTS





1 lb figs, washed and cut in half

3/4 cup sugar

The juice and zest of 1 lemon

1/8 cup red wine

1/4 teaspoon clove

A pinch of salt

 

DIRECTIONS

In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients and let it macerate at room temperature for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens. Use a potato masher to break down the figs, be careful not to over blend. A food processor will work too. Fill glass jars with hot fig jam and that's it! Package the jars with cute ribbon and a little note and share the love with a friend!


Do you have any wonderful Fig recipes? If so please please please do share! I would love to give them a try and YES I will absolutely post about it.


I can't even lie dear friend, It's been an extrememly long day and this little lady is SO beyond ready for some good ole sleep.

Night my little blog readers. Sleep tight.

B's



No comments: