March 14, 2012

Why Thank You Sandra

Hey there dolly


I love Wednesdays so much as I've told you before, It marks the middle of the week which means if you've made it this far, you can make it through the remainder of the work week! At least I hope so.


On Sunday afternoon, my nanny and I were watching Sandra Lee & she made this delicious looking side dish. So tonight, I put it to the test!!! 


AND LOVED IT! So here you go! Give it a try and let me know what you think...



TOMATO & BREAD SALAD


This is a SUPER simple side dish. It literally took my about 5 minutes to make. However I let mine refrigerate for about an hour or so before I tried it so all of the flavors could mingle together!


INGREDIENTS


3 medium tomatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 cup cubed toasted bread or croutons
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella


DIRECTIONS


Dice the tomatoes into 1-inch pieces. Set aside. To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes and basil and toss. Add the bread, toss, and spoon onto a serving platter, topping with mozzarella!


This side dish is great because it can be used in many different ways! Here are a few...Pair it wish spaghetti or lasagna, top off some baked chicken or with a salad, stuff a pita pocket or just eat it as is! It's really fantastic!


Try it & Enjoy!


Thanks lovely little Sandra Lee.


Make sure you stop by the Trendy Treehouse and check out some other creative recipes, crafts, and ideas!


Tootles for Now 


bB***

No comments: