March 25, 2012

In Progress

Hi my little loves


Work was a breeze yesterday, thank the Lord:) I was out of there by noon! When I left I was on cloud nine, no exaggeration.


I have looked a couple of times at Hobby Lobby for fabric that would get me inspired to really get started on my Easter Dress. Every single time, I have left extremely frustrated and disappointed at the fabric selection that Hobby Lobby offers. They really REALLY need to step up on their selection.


So finally when I got to Hancock yesterday and stepped into the building there was beautiful fabric on every single aisle and my heart was just leaping around! I was so excited to be there. I must add, their staff is just so nice and helpful. I had to ask one of the employees which shade of a fabric looked better with my skin tone & eyes. I trusted her opinion:) The lady LOVED my fabric choices together.


She asked, "What kind of pattern are you going to use to sew your dress?"  I responded with a slight quiet giggle and answered, "well, I actually don't know how to use a pattern." Her reply, "Oh wow...Do you sew that often?" "Not as often as I wish I could." I replied. "Well Good Luck." she said in a sweet little voice full of skepticism.


I appreciated her asking. I know she was just curious :) It made me smile because of the generational differences. Women from her generation often know how to sew from using patterns. My nanny is one of those. She just gets the whole "following" the pattern thing. I on the other hand HATE "following" rules, at least when it comes to creativity! After all, if we all followed the rules of the past, how on earth would NEW THINGS be discovered?!?? They simply wouldn't. Anyway on to my fabric and progress.


 Sorry, but my fabric selection is ALL you're getting. The final dress will have to be revealed after easter.



What do you think?


Let's just say this fabric really REALLY inspired me. When I got home yesterday, I immediately sat down and started sewing away. AND all I have left to do is tidy up a few edges and that's it. I just couldn't stop sewing once I got started.


Sewing yesterday just came so naturally. I miss it. I love it. I absolutely must do it more and must get new pieces back into my etsy shop.


Well happy SUNDAY, my favorite day of the week.


tootles


bB***


P.S I'm celebrating my cousins Birthday after church while he is home from his work life in Georgia.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLAKE!!! We miss you so much.

No comments: