December 3, 2011

The Gift of Self Doubt


When I think about self doubt, I get a complete visual of a cancer spreading rapidly, taking over completely and uncontrollably. I doubt myself more times than I should and for that I feel like I should be ashamed...and I should be. The things I doubt myself most in are the things that deep down I KNOW God specifically gifted me with.


I have next to ZERO confidence in my creative abilities sometimes...okay mostly ALL THE TIME. I realized this one day while working...I made some sort of negative comment about a design I was working on...It was one of those comments when you are actually just thinking it and dont mean to say it out loud, but somehow it just came out...


After the statement, Donnie so bluntly says to me....


"Bri, you need some confidence!"


I just giggled at his comment. But he was right! Here's what I realized...



Doubting Creativity, Prevents Creativity!


The time I remember completely being SO overwhelmed with what I can do, and not doubting it at all was my last semester of college, when FAB was together almost everyday. 


I cant describe to you the energy that is created when France, Adrianne & I are all three together. We just feed off of each other and its like the possibilities are completely endless. Its just fantastic. I don't at all doubt myself when we are all together.


That last semester of college, I KILLED IT. I did. It was so awesome. I felt like superwoman. I worked every morning at a photography company, I went to school later during the day and at night I would work on my projects sometimes until the early morning. It was AMAZING. That semester I wouldnt change ONE single thing. Creativity was CONTAGIOUS between us FAB ladies. I can't believe that was a year ago. 


This problem would be an easy fix if we lived in the same cities, but I know one day that God will put us all in the same area. I know it, and its exciting.


That's it for Radvent day 1.


tootlies 


bB***


P.S. I am OBSESSED with Radvent. It puts things into great perspective.


No comments: