December 1, 2011

Pecan Crusted Chicken

 Hey hey!! I had such a fun night tonight!!! I helped my Meme with her Christmas Cards!


She is so fun to be around. I just love her SO much!!! and her cards turned out ADORABLE!


I know I know its THURSDAY, which isn't the day for my creative share post


but I had a very busy night last night, and just never got to my Creative Share post before crashing.


But I just had to post this fantastic recipe!!!


As I've told you before, I am ALWAYS looking for new chicken recipes!


SO this one sounds SUPER FANTASTIC!


Pecan Crusted Chicken



WHAT YOU NEED




3 to 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)



3/4 cup panko  bread crumbs



1/2 cup chopped pecans



2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley



1 container (6 oz) Greek Fat Free plain yogurt



3 tablespoons olive oil or butter



WHAT TO DO

Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down;

gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/2 inch thick.

In shallow dish, mix bread crumbs, pecans and parsley. In another shallow dish, place yogurt.

Dip chicken into yogurt, then coat with crumb mixture.

In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot.

Cook chicken in oil 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink in center and coating is golden brown.

***You can substitute chopped walnuts or almonds for the pecans.


That's it!

Doesnt that sound fantastic.

I think so...


Please stop by The Trendy Treehouse for more recipes and creative sharing.

Tootles

bB***

No comments: