August 3, 2011

No Sew Bag

Guess What! 


Tomorrow is finally the day I leave for the cruise. I am incredibly excited. I can hardly wait to be lounging and relaxing. Also, I get to be with my FAMILY and there is absolutely nothing in the world that makes me happier than that. I will TRY as hard as possible to keep my posts pretty regular. I cant promise but I can tell you I will do absolutely everything that I can. 


This weeks creative share is super adorable and will be PERFECT for the cruise.


NO SEW HANDBAG



What You Need:


scissors


18 x13 1/2 in. rectangle of any fabric


THIS template


(2) 19 in. silk cord or string


What To Do:


Cut fabric (we used Ultrasuede) into an 18-by-13 1/2-inch rectangle.


Cut the template to size. Place the clipped corner (like a V-shape) on one corner of the fabric;


make holes with a 1/8-inch punch where marked, and trim corner according to template. Repeat at each corner of the fabric.


Lay fabric facedown, with one long side facing you. Fold bottom two corners of fabric in toward center, making sure the holes of the adjacent sides line up (As with As, Bs with Bs, etc.).


Cut a 19-inch-long silk cord, and knot one end. Starting at the fifth hole from the left corner, thread from the underside up through all layers. Continue threading cord through holes until you get to the fifth hole from the right corner (at one point, you'll be threading through three layers of fabric). Knot the end.


Cut another 19-inch-long silk cord, and repeat the process with the other side. Pull up centers of cords to cinch bag and make handles.


and Thats it.


Simple Simple Simples and WAY too adorable.


Please stop by The Trendy Treehouse to ready about other great ideas!



One last little thing. Tonight was slightly sad. It was the last time at least for nearly a year that I will see Blanca. She has been here for almost three weeks now, and we have had a blast with her being part of our family. If she didnt learn anything else while she was here, she definitely learned what being a family is all about! Love love LOVE Blanca! FUN FUN little lady. We will definitely miss her like CRAZY!


tootlie Lou


bB***





No comments: