April 13, 2015

I am an ARTIST


Last week, my mom was going through some of her storage stuff, just doing some spring cleaning!
I may have been lecturing my own mom about all of the things that she keeps. I mean I'm sentimental but some things just need to be gotten rid of. 

Basically, as soon as I got the words out of my mouth, she was getting down to the last little bit in the drawer and she pulls out a stack of stuff. As soon as she pulled it out, my face lit up! It was ALL of my work from undergrad!!! Talk about heartwarming....this moment. GAH thanks momma! Your collection of things that are important to you can be pretty awesome sometimes. 

Here are a few from my illustration collection!










So, I say all of this to say that last week I realized something that sadly, I had forgotten.
I AM AN ARTIST. 
Sometimes while being an artist as a career, day in and day out its really easy to get caught up in the work of it all. With the fast paced life that we all have, we all get caught up in just LIFE, living it from day to day, wanting a paycheck, and then just getting into a routine of it all and repeating and repeating and repeating. We all can easily forget, really deep down what we truly are and the beautiful gifts that God has given us. 

I AM AN ARTIST. 
I AM A CREATIVE.
I HAVE A VISION.
I HAVE A PURPOSE.

And these four truths, I will repeat to myself every single day. 
I had forgotten that I really am an artist. I had forgotten how much I really do love being a creative. I was all wrapped up in just the paper at the end of the project completion. 
I'm so ashamed to say that, but its true. 

Thanks to my moms, what I called at the time "hoarding" I now have my vision back.. I now have my truth back and I now know that her hoarding is actually not hoarding, its saved specifically to make someones day in the future!
Thanks momma!!!

Sending love to all of my fellow creatives. 
YOU TOO ARE AN ARTIST!
don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Do your thing, dive head first into your craft and love on others while doing so!!

Bye now
bB***


No comments: