October 27, 2013

Bran Muffins

Hi there.
I've went to my favorite coffee shop several times this week and left with a coffee or tea in one hand and missing something I've been wanting so SO badly in the other. The other thing....a flippin bran muffin. On Monday when I met my friends Justin & Paul for lunch, they had some bran muffins, but they were either Pumpkin Bran or Blueberry, both of which are really wonderful. However, being the simple super lady I am, I just want a simple plain Bran Muffin. So in honor of my crazy want for a plain bran muffin here's a recipe for us all.

CLASSIC BRAN MUFFINS

1 1/2 Cups Wheat Bran
1 Cup Almond Milk
1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 Egg
2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Cup AP Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt

WHAT TO DO:
Preheat over to 375. Grease Muffin Cups. Mix together wheat bran and milk. let stand for ten minutes so that the wheat bran becomes, well....soggy haha. Beat together the oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Add the milk and bran mixture. Now sift together the flour, baking soda, powder, and salt. stir the flour mixture with the bran mixture. Now spoon the batter into the muffin tins. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted to the center of the muffin comes out clean. Let cool....if you can! ENJOY!!!

No comments: