February 4, 2012

A Day for BRIANNA & Book Review

Cheers to the weekend (morning coffee in hand)


I hope you get to enjoy this cloudy Saturday. My plans for enjoyment are to sit here in front of my mac for a bit, catch up on blog reading, fashion & recipes. Take a trip to the store to get a few essentials things I need such as hairspray (i've been completely out for three days now, OH MY), makeup, coffee and if I find a fun recipe to try I might just purchase those things as well. After that, I'll probably finish reading catching fire, then I must go shopping, and who knows where the night will take me....If I had to guess, my first idea would be right back here in front of my computer screen, or rent a movie or something relaxing. I need an at home dinner and a movie date. That would be nice. A little chinese take-out and a good movie. Lovely.


A few months back author Victoria Simcox, contacted me and  asked me to do a book review on her book the Magic Warble.



I so gladly decided I would LOVE to do so.


Here are my thoughts...The Magic Warble


The Magic Warble is an adventurous fantasty fiction book. When I received the book I was immediately drawn to the illustrated cover. As an illustrator myself, I always find myself picking up all of the books in a book store that have beautifully illustrated pieces, so the magic warble would definitely be one of those instances.  


At first glance and skim through I automatically assumed that this book would be targeted to around the fourteen-ish age group. By the end of the book I still feel like that is the age group it is targeted to, however, it definitely held my attention!! So, I think it's safe to say if your one of those adults who is truly a kid at heart, this book is also for you too!


This book is so adventurous, full of fairies, gnomes, dwarfs, animals and of course, there has to be an evil queen or the book just wouldn't be complete. The main character, a twelve year old girl, Kristina Kinglsey, is given a gift from one of her teachers. It's one of those "Never judge a book by its cover," kind of things. Kristina thinks its completely useless, but later comes to the realization of the complete opposite. She is gifted the Magic Warble which you find  to hold more power and meaning than you could imagine.


The book carries you through the adventure of getting the magic warble to its final resting place which will save the town and release the land of Bernovem from Queen Sentiz's powerful control. The book takes many twists and turns, showing the story of a growing friendship, heroism, and betrayals that keep you guessing and flipping pages. I found myself not being able to put it down once I started reading. 


I would highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a good fantasy filled story!


 Interested in getting into the Magical details of this book? You can do so yourself by purchasing it here.


Thanks so much Victoria for asking me. You are a very talented woman and I look forward to any future books or future writings from you.


Tootles for now My lovely readers. Go buy the Magic Warble!


bB**

No comments: