January 11, 2012

Pineapple Chicken

Pineapple


is by FAR one of my absolute favorite fruits. Its delicious. Over the weekend, I had a baby shower for one of my best friends. My aunt made some really fantastic pineapple punch for the shower that was next to perfect!


If anyone wants that recipe, I will be glad to share...


There is this restaurant my work friends and I go to quite often, Genghis Grill. It's a Mongolian Stir Fry place where you build your own bowl! I ALWAYS put as much pineapple in my dish as I can possibly fit and its so scrumptious combined with my asian inspired bowl.


Im always look for an easy dinner and its even better when it consist of only a few ingredients and a crockpot, so I was THRILLED beyond when I came across this recipe for  Pineapple Chicken and I can hardly WAIT to give it a try.


CrockPot PINEAPPLE CHICKEN


Ingredients:



4 frozen chicken breasts

1/2 c. soy sauce

1/2 c. teriyaki sauce

1 can pineapple chunks,  drain half the juice out

Crushed red pepper flakes


Directions:

Spray the crock pot with nonstick cooking spray (OR use one of those fancy little liners they have these days) and add chicken breasts.  Pour soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and pineapple chunks (with half of the juice) over the chicken.  Sprinkle as many red pepper flakes on top as desired.  Cook on high for 4-6 hours.  Shred chicken with two forks in the crock pot and serve over rice.


I'm pretty sure I will be having this before this week is over!

Yep sure will.

Night dears


OH stop by Trendy Treehouse for other creative ideas

No comments: