July 1, 2011

About to EXPLODE!

Hello Dearest! 


I am about to go insane. Seriously. 


The subject I am about to ramble about, some people just wont grasp completely. They might think they understand, but its one of those things that if you dont experience it, then you can never fully put a grip around it.


If you arent an artist and dont have a creative mindset then Ill try to paint the clearest picture of this that I can for you.


As an artist, my mind is constantly in creative mode. I see the most normal things in a completely different light than most. The things that go completely unnoticed, to what I call "normal" people, are the things that drive my creativity. 


When my mind is constantly in creative mode it can be really overwhelming when Im at a point where I just cant create as much as I need to. For you "normal" people, let me give you an example of something you can relate to.


POPCORN! everyone likes popcorn right? 


Okay, follow me here. I promise Im going somewhere with this:)


...before popcorn turn into popcorn, it is a kernel. Each one of those kernels has a small amount of water that is in the center. There is like a little starch circle that holds the water inside the hard kernel. When the kernels are heated the moisture inside of the starch circle turns to steam, which then creates a huge amount of pressure inside of the hard kernel. The pressure from the steam builds and builds and builds until eventually the hard shell of the kernel explodes and turns the kernel inside out letting the steam escape. When the kernel explodes from all the pressure, it turns into something beautiful! At least to our taste buds and our tummies, right?


This is exactly what happens to me. These past couple of weeks, my brain has been churning and churning.






In the words of the amazing Picasso, "The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place: from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spiders web.”


I am inspired by literally EVERYTHING, but these past few weeks have been especially inspiring. New people,new places, new experiences, they are overly inspiring, and Im LOVING it.






I have been doing small tasks just trying to suffice. Its giving me enough just to get by.


Again, I have another crazy example for you... In vampire stories, movies, shows, etc. the vampires drink synthetic blood to SOMEWHAT quench their thirst, but nothing will ever satisfy their need or quench their thirst like the blood of a human.


I know its a crazy analogy, but this is EXACLT how it is for me. I have been making tiny crafts here and there, at work I design things in photoshop all day, I doodle in my sketchbook, but NOTHING is going to satisfy me until I create something that is REAL, that has deeper meaning.


As of right now, the pressure is building and building and building, and when my creativity cant be contained anymore, its going to be beautiful. Youll see!


If you think Im crazy, thats okay. Youre probably right to an extent. But hopefully I have given you the clearest picture of how I am feeling right now.


Here are a few illustrations by Donna McKenzie from Corella Design that I find rather stunning.







Good Heavens her work is super GORGEOUS and INSPIRING! LOVE it!


Again, thanks for reading! I might be slightly crazy, but thats A-okay! I know someone, somewhere totally gets me.


byesie


bB***

No comments: