July 27, 2011

A new use for Apple Butter

Hi hi hi.


Its mid-week and Im feeling more energized than I probably should.


Over the weekend, as I told you in a previous post, Frances and I made lots of cute jars of Apple Butter.


So, I have been trying to find some new and creative ways to enjoy it!


I think I have come across a really REALLY great one for Creative Share Wednesday


and I seriously CAN NOT wait to try it for myself!


TOASTED  TURKEY & BRIE SANDWICH with apple butter spread





4 slices rye bread


2 tablespoons butter, softened


2 tablespoons apple butter


1/2 pound thinly sliced roasted turkey


4 ounces brie cheese, thinly sliced


1 cup baby arugula


1 Gala apple, sliced


Directions


Spread 1 side of each bread slice with 1/2 tbsp. butter. Spread the other side of 2 bread slices with 1/2 tbsp. apple butter each; top each with half the turkey, brie, and arugula, then a few apple slices. Spread the bare sides of remaining 2 slices of bread with remaining apple butter, then place on sandwiches, buttered side up.


Put 1 sandwich in a medium frying pan and cook, covered, over medium heat until golden brown on bottom, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn sandwich over and continue to cook until cheese is slightly melted and second side is golden brown, 3 to 4 more minutes. Repeat with remaining sandwich. Serve sandwiches with remaining apple slices.


Doesnt sound fantastic? I think so, and I will be making these as soon as I get the chance to purchase the ingredients and make them.


If you have any other recipes that require the use of amazing apple butter, feel free to send them my way.


Night for now.


Bs


OH and stop by The Trendy Treehouse for other great idea sharing.


1 comment:

Judy said...

I like this! Creative, fun, and sounds yummy. Thanks for stopping by Savoring Today and commenting, I really appreciate that. Glad I found your blog too!