June 1, 2011

It is JUNE!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH 


to ME!


This year, How will I celebrate my Birthday Month??


By doing for others.


I know I know, It is something I am supposed to do all of the time and I do try so hard to do that.


But I am a nasty Human and am far from perfect!


My usual "all about Brianna" month, isn't happening this year.


I want so bad to get rid of this selfish nature that I see creeping around more and more often.


I want to show Love. 


So please, If you see me showing anything other than that, please point it out to me!!! 


If you need help with anything, please let me know.


Oh & by the way, I want this to keep on going after the month of June! FOREVER!


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


CREATIVE SHARE WEDNESDAY!


A couple of weeks ago, I came across a blog, where the writer was giving away loads of cookbooks that she just had piled up at home! So, I jumped all over this one.



I was so excited to come home to find it on my desk when I got back from Florida!


So, for creative share I thought I would share 


APPLE SAUCE OATMEAL COOKIES


Ingredients:


1 cup whole grain pastry flour 


1 teaspoon baking powder


3/4 teaspoon salt


1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon


1/2 cup (1stick) unsalted butter, softened


1 cup packed brown sugar


1 large egg


1/2 cup applesauce


3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract


2 cups rolled oats


1/2 cup raisins 


1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans


Directions:


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside. In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, brown sugar, until light and fluffy. Add the egg, applesauce, and extract. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. With wooden spoon, stir in the oats, raisins, and pecans. Drop the dough by heaping spoonfuls onto the baking sheet. Bake for ten minutes, or until golden brown.


They sounds super delicious don't they!


I can't wait until I actually have TIME to use my new cookbook.


tootlie lou for now.


Bs




No comments: