April 30, 2011

Relief

Hey friends.


I know I have been a little bit of a slacker, but it has been crazy here!


Yesterday, My mom and I helped out in Fultondale. We made sack lunches with hot does and hamburgers, chips, and snacks and passed them out to the people of the community, as well as all of the police, firemen, and Power companies that are working so hard to get everything back together. 



I feel like what we did yesterday was such a great thing, but it only increased my desire to help more. It just doesn't feel even close to enough. One family from Christway really organized and got all of what we did yesterday together. Thank you so much Stacey family for everything that you did and being such great organizers!!


So, today after church, we are going back to another area and giving out food again. 


It's so amazing to drive through all of this destruction, and see everyone doing what they can to help. 





  1. These Items are really REALLY needed!

    Blankets





  1. Towels





  1. Baby Items




  1. Clothes




  1. non-perishable food items




  1. Tarps




  1. Toiletry Items




  1.  Plywood




  1. Bugspray




  1. Sunscreen




  1. Chapstick




  1. Flashlights




  1. Canned Meat




  1. Crackers




  1. Dog Food




  1. Lanterns




  1. Charcoal




  1. Matches




  1. Lighter fluid


Gas Generators.

There are still so many things that people need, so again, like my last post, if there is ANYTHING that you can donate please do.




If you can't please just PRAY. Prayer is the most powerful thing that you can give.


I'm off to get ready for church! Taking SO many clothes! I hope someone enjoys them:)


Bye for now


tootles


B's







No comments: