April 23, 2011

A day with

one of my FAVORITE ladies, seriously in the world.


FRANCES. FRANCES. FRANCES. 


So here is the scoop on the whole day.



Frances (F) & her sweet sweet mom, Mary Mac:) (MM) drove down to Birmingham super early yesterday morning. Which means so SO much to me that they got up early considering it was Fs only day off since she started her 'Big Girl' job.



(sigh** So Proud of  my friend. She sorta, might have a really cool job!)


So, it seriously does mean the world that she did that.


I met up with them, F hopped in the car with me, and her mom followed us to the cutest, yet super busy area called Mountain Brook. We ate lunch at Newks which was super delicious. F & MM absolutely LOVED Newks. After lunch, MM headed to her hotel room in Trussville, and F & I headed to the Summit to do a bit of shopping. We hit up Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Francescas, Charming Charlie, Belk, Bath & Body, and a few other shops. FUN FUN!!! However, we didnt end up with too much. I bought a pair of shoes for easter & a simple little dress; F bought some candles & two dresses.




Being a Holiday weekend, traffic was TERRIBLE and it literally took us an entire hour just to exit the Summit. So, after that we headed to Trussville, stopped by Belk, then went to their Hotel room to see MM and to freshen up.


After we looked refreshed, we head to Birmingham to meet up with one of Fs co-workers, Claire & her friend, Erica.




We went to see



the oh so lovely Sara Bareilles. Seriously the girls got some major vocals. Before last night, I liked Miss Bareilles, but now I think I pretty much LOVE her. She was amazing! Her personality was perfect, It might even be larger than her voice! Great Great show.





and the night still wasnt over. 


The plan was to go eat dinner with MM then stay the night with them in the hotel. But, after we sat down at Applebees, MM & F got texts that not ONE, but TWO VERY important ladies in their life, were BOTH in LABOR! YES....LABOR! One of those babies of which is named AFTER Frances, soooo it was very important that they both be there for these babies!


So, right after dinner, my two dearest ladies hit the long road back to Florence. Bless their little hearts, I felt so bad that they had to drive back so late. But, they made it safely!


All in all it was an amazing day and I am so SO grateful that God, once again, has placed some of the most amazing people in my life. I am just so so grateful.


Thank you so much MM for being such an amazing mom and coming with Frances, because the day wouldnt have been the same without you. I love that you are from my sticks of the woods, and I seriously think I could listen to your stories of growing up in this area all day long. I probably drive F insane asking her all about your childhood. haha. Cant wait until the next time you come for a visit!!!


annndddd thank you F for spending your only off day with me. I had a blast of a day, talking, laughing, shopping, learning about Dave, sitting in traffic jams, and galavanting all over the city with you! Youre an awesome friend, and I am so Thankful for you. YAY for Good Friends. CANT WAIT TILL THE NEXT GET-TOGETHER!


Tootles for now little blog friends


bB**










No comments: