February 9, 2011

A Lovely Jewelry Organizer and Display

On Superbowl Sunday, 
I went and spent the evening with some of my family 
that mean SO much to me.
I went to my MeMe's (great aunt) with my Grandmommy!
It was SUCH a fun time. 

Let me tell you a little bit about my MeMe...
Oh, I don't even know where to begin.
She is such a rare gem. 
She  is SO talented and crafty.
Honestly, I do believe this is where I get my LOVE for creativity from.

You should see her entire home. 
It's breath-taking. 
But anyway, I'm not here to go on and on about her house, 
Although that would make an AWESOME and very INSPIRATIONAL post.
which I will keep in mind for future use.

But while I was there, she showed me her latest little project.




A LOVELY JEWELRY ORGANIZER 
which makes a PRETTY PRETTY DISPLAY







It's SO so Pretty.
All you need , is a Large Picture frame
A piece of FoamCore board
Glue Gun and Sticks
A pretty, as well as sturdy ribbon.
and Push Pins.

To assemble.
First, if the frame isn't the color you want it, PAINT IT!
After it drys, cut the FoamCore to fit the size of the frame.
Attach the board with a hot glue gun
Tie a pretty pretty bow to attach to the top.
Place pushpins to fit the left and width of your jewelry all over the board.
Now, here is the trick to hanging it, 
I wouldn't recommend actually hanging the piece from the ribbon, 
but hang it from the mount that is on the frame, 
then place a nail in the wall and just place the ribbon over the nail to make it appear 
like it is hanging from the ribbon!

Hanging it from the mounts on the frame is the safest and sturdy way to hang it.
Plus it will support the weight of the jewelry if you have large statement pieces.

Hope YOU enjoyed this little Creative Share Wednesday.
Stop by the TRENDY TREEHOUSE to read more!

Oh, and Thanks MeMe for the inspiration!

Tootlie Lou
bB***


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute. I have some of my necklaces hanging on a key hook I hung for that purpose. It works well for me.

The Tuscan Home said...

What a FABULOUS idea!! I am "so" going to make one. It's not only functional, but PRETTY, love it! Have a great day, sweetie!
XOXO ~Liz

Emily said...

I love this idea! So cute. :)
x

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

I love this!! How creative!! With three girls living in my house, I am going to need one of these!