April 21, 2010

SHARING IDEAS

I look SO forward to every Wednesday!
I just love love loveeee 'Sharing Ideas'
hosted by The Trendy Treehouse.

Trendy Treehouse blog is one of my absolute FAVORITES
It's always a go-to when I'm in search for something fun!

So now on to the FUN SHARING
I have another fun & semi homemade recipe 
[which was shared with me by friend Jessica. THANKS BUNCHES. you're a doll!] 

These are Miniature cakes.
REALLY REALLY adorable miniature cakes with a fantastic little surprise awaiting.

 RASPBERRY MINI CAKES with LEMON CREAM CHEESE ICING

[cred]
LIGHT, LUSH, and REFRESHING!

Ingredients: 

 

CAKE:
  • 12 Pre-made & packaged Dessert cups like the ones in the photo above.
 [cred]
SWEET LITTLE SURPRISE:
[Filling]
  •  Raspberry Preserves
 [cred]
 ICING:
  • Package of Cream Cheese [8 ounces]
  • 1 cup confectioners sugar
  • 1/2 cup Lemon Curd
INSTRUCTIONS:
To make the icing, just mix all of the ingredients [cream cheese, sugar, and lemon curd]
after its all combined set aside.
now, fill SIX of the twelve cups with Raspberry preserves and top each of the cups with another cup [with the opening, fill-able side face down] to encase and close up the filling inside!
If you fill up the cup with enough preserves the preserves should hold the top in place.

Now, just cover each mini cake with the lemon icing.
For a pretty little touch, add fresh raspberries, or lemon zest....or BOTH even!

Now, I am taking this little idea and RUNNING with it. The flavor combinations and possibilities are absolutely endless.
so, GET CREATIVE with this little recipe!

I'm thinking a combination of chocolate and orange would be interesting!

Thanks again Jessica for sharing with me more brilliance!

ENJOY
TOOTLES
bB***


7 comments:

Christy said...

The cakes look amazing, and semi-not-too-terrible-on-the-hips for ya. ;o) Thanks for 'sharing.' :O)

Jess said...

I'm so making these. Thanks for the recipe!

Eri said...

WOW! How delish...

Thanks so much for stopping by, I really appreciate your visit!

Hope to see you soon.
x

Angie said...

Yum!! These look fantastic! And so perfect for summer <3

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

OMG, yum. I want one right now!

melissa hon said...

yum...

Jess said...

I just wanted you to know that I made these for a Haiti benefit auction where at the end of the night they auctioned off desserts...they sold for almost $50! They were fantastic! Thanks for sharing this recipe!