June 2, 2009

In a mad dash

How was I blessed today? Endurance


ROMANS 15:5-6
" 5May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, 6so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. "


Today, I learned about exhaustion & how to push myself to make it...


Today was an extremely exhausting day. This year is the first time that I have ever taken any summer classes. I am taking two classes; Digital Media 2, and Painting. FANTASTIC right! I am taking a mini term, which means I am only going the month of June. I go to class Monday through Friday from 8a.m. to 4p.m. Yes I know, extremely long classes...4 hours each. Other than the length of the classes Im extremely excited about them.


So, today was the official first day of classes. Usually at the beginning of the semester, on the first class meeting, the professor will give out the syllabus, somewhat skim over it, and then that's it for the day. Expecting that to be how things would go today, was a completely wrong assumption. In the first class of the day (digital media), I walked in to find that there was only 5 other people in the class. After sitting there for well over an hour, the professor proceeds to tell us that the dean of the college is reviewing the class to see if it might end up being canceled because of the low number of students in the class. We sat there very impatiently from 9 until 12 to find out that he still was reviewing. Luckily, he ended up deciding to keep the class, which is so exciting....I will be learning all about Adobe Illustrator, which is something I have kind of messed with on my own time, but I have never really learned the program, and all of its capabilities.
When I got out of digital media, I went to the Library to waste about a half hour until it was time for painting to start.


I quickly downed my scrumptious peanut and apple butter sandwich, and headed off to painting.
Again, expecting to receive the syllabus, get our early and head off on my merry way was the completely wrong idea. He gave us the syllabus, went over it, then sent us off to buy an extremely extensive list of supplies, and told us to be back in an hour. What a bummer?!! So I darted off to Hobby Lobby, where catastrophe occurred because of an electrical storm. While in Hobby Lobby, the bottom fell out of the sky, and then literally the bottom fell out of the ceiling of Hobby Lobby. They literally kicked out all of the customers, and closed the store until they can fix all the leaks and all of the ceiling tiles. Luckily, I had managed to round up all the supplies that I needed, at least for the first painting.


After making it back to class, time crept by painfully slow. I had an almost unbearable migraine which didnt help matters any.


So what I was hoping for today was to wake up and have this day just go smoothly, and breeze by, but as you have read it didn't quite go that way. But if I made it through today, I know I can make it through the rest of the term.

No comments: