August 30, 2018

Shindig Weekend

A weekend getaway was much needed, and it was a weekend that I had been looking so forward to for Months. The weekend of Billy Reid's Shindig No. 10 was one for the books!
[photocred:Billy Reid]]


Aaron and I hit the road last Friday, calling our weekend a little early! We made the two hour drive to a place that holds a huge place in my creative heart...Florence, Alabama. 
I finallyyyyyy started something on my arm that I've wanted to do for so so long. I have been patient, waited it out to see if it was just a "phase" of life. But after nearly a decade of still wanting it, I think its safe to say it wasn't just a phase in life. So I decided to go for it! Here's a little peek at it. Matt Green is AWESOME and I'm so so glad I waited patiently and went to him! His design on my arm far exceeded what I had envisioned and the bright colors are just so incredible. 


SECOND STOP: THE ADAM'S HOUSE
 You guys, these people are my family, maybe not by blood, but truly by the blessing of God!!! It blows my mind that I went into my 20's not having these people in my life. Either way, I am so glad God put them in my life and they will forever be now!! This was Aaron's first time going to Mary Mac and Mr. Gary's house. If you don't know who these people are, let me explain briefly. In 2012 (I think) I got a great job offer in Florence, AL thanks to the work of my BFF, Frances. At the time, I lived in Birmingham. This family welcomed me into their home, no questions asked and let me live with them for as long as I wanted! They are the most welcoming people that I have ever known. When you walk into their home, you immediately feel like its your home and you've known them for your entire life. They are just so genuine and caring! It was soooo good to be at my Home away from Home :)

THIRD STOP: COFFEE WITH THE BESTIE
When France and I worked together, we made it somewhat of a habit to take an late morning walk from work to the local coffee shop, Rivertown. So we set out to do just that. We made a few stops on the way such as to Cotton & Ivy as well as to Mefford's! We met our sweet friend Adrianne for coffee and a sweet snack at (a new to me) Turbo. Mmmmm, y'all. This place was soooooo good and it connects to the oh so beautiful GunRunner Boutique Hotel.



Florence just overflows with Creativity and I feel so refreshed every single time I leave there. The most creative I ever felt was when I lived there. It's crazy how being around other creatives really challenges you!


Spending good quality time with my gal Frances always does this heart of mine good.


FOURTH STOP:
Shoals Theater for the Amazingly talented and beautiful Kacey Musgraves!

Such an amazing night. We cannot wait to see her again in March!!

We spent the rest of the weekend drinking coffee and spending time with the whole Adam's and Ledgewood Clans, showing Aaron around UNA and just getting some good quality time adventuring.  
This whole little weekend getaway was so much fun and I'm so glad we were able to go! 

The streets of downtown Florence are just lined with amazing little shops that have been formed by people with vision, drive and dreams. If you've never been, I highly recommend it! If you ever want to plan a trip to the amazing town of Florence, Please do not hesitate to shoot me an email if you need suggestions or help planning!

XO

[[all images by Brianna, otherwise noted]]




No comments: