December 5, 2012

Cherry Cherry

Have I ever told you about me and cherries? Well if I haven't here's the scoop. 


Basically my entire life I was completely deprived of cherries. My dad gags at the thought of cherries, so naturally if dad doesn't like cherries, I for SURE won't like them either. Technically, I guess that wouldn't mean I was completely deprived...I guess I just chose not to ever try a cherry.


Anyway when I was around eighteen, I had my first cherry and couldn't believe I had gone SO many years without giving them a chance!


Well in honor of the delicious cherry, I have an OH SO even more delicious recipe for you that Mary Mac made last night!


CHERRY DUMP CAKE


INGREDIENTS


2 cans Cherry Pie Filling - 21 ounce cans
1 box Yellow Or White Cake Mix
1 stick Margarine
1/2 stick Butter


DIRECTIONS


Dump cherry pie filling into baking dish. Stir together. Sprinkle cake mix over the top of the fruit. Slice margarine and butter and distribute over the surface of the cake mix. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour. 


Thats it. Simple as that! And just a warning...you WILL go back for seconds. Its impossible not to do! Just do it...its the HOLIDAYS!


Thanks Mary Mac for all of your delicious cooking. You're AWESOME.


bysie for now


B's

No comments: