November 2, 2011

Chocolate Pecan Clusters

It's time for another recipe for Creative Share Wednesday.


However, I must be honest...every single time I post on Wednesdays here lately, I feel like I am failing miserably. 


I have been so unproductive, from a creative stand point. Not because I feel like I'm in a slump or like Im in a creative mind block, but simple due to lack of time. I have had ZERO time to be ::Creative:: just because, or just for my own pleasure. It makes me so sad.


I guess that's why next FRIDAY night I plan on making something. or more than something. alot of things. F of FAB will be in town, and hopefully I will be able to enjoy a relaxing weekend where I can do something FAB-related. So Fran, prepare yourself.


So back to the recipe at hand,


CHOCOLATE PECAN CLUSTERS



INGREDIENTS


1 package (11.5 oz., 2 cups) milk chocolate morsels


1 tablespoon vegetable shortening


2 cups Rice Krispies or 2 cups Cocoa Rice Krispies


1 cup   toasted, coarsely chopped pecans


Pecan halves



DIRECTIONS


 In a 2-quart saucepan combine chocolate morsels and shortening. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until morsels melt and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal and pecans. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto baking sheets lined with wax paper. Top each with pecan half, if desired. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until firm. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. 


This recipe, as you see it SUPER simple!! 


and is a fantastic recipe for any of the upcoming Holiday events that most people attend during this LOVELY time of year!


Stop by THE TRENDY TREEHOUSE and check out all of the other creative sharing.


tootles


bB***



No comments: