September 24, 2011

Lovely Scarf

So, FINALLY the weekend is here.


After the work week, honestly all I wanted to do last night was to do what I LOVE.


& that my friend, is to create. Yes yes, all day long at work, I am creating things, but its all digital... what I mean by CREATE is to actually take something and make it with my actual HANDS. Clicking a mouse and staring at a computer doesn't at ALL satisfy my desire to CREATE things. SO, after work last night, I went straight to Hobby Lobby and bought SO much stuff.


I have been working on a piece of work to enter into the Birmingham Art Associations, Colonial Brookwood Village show which is during the months of November and December. I am so anxious and excited! The piece I am working on is a watercolor!


When I had watercolor in college, I remember the first day thinking, "OH MY GAH....I can NOT do this." It was just a completely different medium than acrylics! I just had no idea how different they were. But, if you know me...You know I dont take well to NOT being able to do something to the best of my ability. So what did I do...I practiced. Practiced. and Practiced. Now, by no means do I think I am an expert watercolorist, but what I learned is the way that I am able to work with watercolor. I learned how BRIANNA applies the paint, how BRIANNA holds the brush, how BRIANNA controls the paint. No, that doesnt mean I do it the "Correct" way...I just learned how it works for me. So, long story short-after all the practice, I fell in LOVE with watercolor!



Here's a sneak peak for you...not even CLOSE to being finished. I can't put my finger on where I want to go with this yet, so no need to RUSH it....


So now to my scarf! I made this lovely LOVELY scarf!



I LOVE it. So sooo excited for FALL. YES FALL...not WINTER! hate the COLD but love the cool! 


enjoy your weekend my lovely friends.


I'm off for a lovely saturday with my Grandmommy & MEME! I will defnitely have photos from the day.


loveLOVES


B's


No comments: