September 7, 2011

Cutlet

If you have been a faithful reader of Itsy Bitsy for a while


you know that I Love LOVE LOVE Chicken. It's pretty much the only thing that stands between me and vegetarianism.


With that said, I always have my eyes peeled for new and interesting chicken recipes.


I came across this chicken recipe via the lovely Martha Stewart.


So here's to Martha and her Delicious Greek Chicken Cutlets!


GREEK CHICKEN CUTLETS



WHAT YOU NEED:


1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives
4 ounces feta cheese, coarsely crumbled (1 cup)
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 1/2 pounds thin chicken cutlets (about 8)


WHAT TO DO:


In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, olives, feta, mint, and 1 tablespoon oil.


Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
Heat a grill pan over high heat and brush lightly with oil.


Season cutlets with salt and pepper.


Cook, working in batches as necessary, until chicken is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side.


Transfer to a plate, and cover with aluminum foil to keep them warm.


Top  the chicken with the tomato mixture, and serve.


I also will probably add some Greek Vinaigrette Dressing for dipping!


Doesn't it look SUPER great and I will definitely be making this for myself oh so so sooo soon.


Hope you enjoyed your wednesday! 


Stop by THE TRENDY TREEHOUSE to read all about other creative ideas.


Tootlie Lous 


bB***

No comments: