June 15, 2011

CUP Cakes....

Last Saturday, I had to bake a batch of Cupcakes. 


Usually, when I make cupcakes, the batter seems to make a ridiculous amount of the tiny little cakes. However, this time, when I actually need to have an excessive amount, the whole extra batter thing, didn't seem to pan out. 


But, what seemed like a mess, wasnt at all, because I actually had pretty darn clever idea, if I must say so myself!



Before I get to the solution of my problem, HERE is the recipe for the strawberry cupcakes.


For the top of my cupcakes, I coated the top with Strawberry Cream Cheese Icing, then coated the icing with YELLOW sprinkles to make the cupcakes ORANGE! Then I put a mini strawberry shortbread cookie on the top. Bud's Best Cookies, are my go-to cupcake topper! 


So now for my FANTASTIC idea, I had LOADS of the cream cheese icing left over.






So, I bought some angel food cake dessert cups, and filled the center with icing! literally using the cake as a CUP to hold the icing!


Ahhhh BRILLIANCE, not to toot my own horn or anything;)


Then I topped each CUP cake with a Mentos, because the birthday girl LOVES strawberry Mentos!


Enjoy!!!


and please stop by The Trendy Treehouse for more creative ideas!


tootles 


Bs


No comments: