October 20, 2010

Creative Share : and tiny Cakes

Creative sharing is such a BEAUTIFUL little thing.
LOVE.
Through all of the sharing and reading blogs, I came across the most adorable thing
that have somewhat become the next
CUPCAKE madness.

They are called Cake Pops.




These are some REALLY adorable ones.

So, My first attempt at makings these little cuties 
was a success, well sorta.

So, Mine didn't exactly turn out as "pops" more or less they became mini cake bites, which was fine with me.
The same thing as a pop, minus the stick!

I bought sticks, but because of the Chocolate candy coating I used, when I would dip the pop into the chocolate, It would make the cake too heavy to stay on the stick.
So, I just decided to make mini bites instead!





I think they turned out super adorable!
I made them with little Thank You notes on each of them 
to give them out to everyone who came to my exhibition opening.
Everyone LOVED them.

They are SUPER easy, Cheap, and FUN

INGREDIENTS

1 Box Cake Mix
1 container of Icing
Chocolate Candy Coating
Sticks [optional]

DIRECTIONS
Make the cake according to the directions on the box
After its completely cooked, and cooled
take a LARGE bowl and Crumble the cake all up.
FUN:)

Mix in the container of icing
then form tiny mini round bites.
It's like playing with play-do SO SOOOO fun:)
I put mine in the freezer for about 20 minutes to make sure they held their form, 
then after that, melt the chocolate candy coating and coat the mini bites in the chocolate.


Sit them on wax paper until the coating is completely dry!

Package them in poly bags,
Tie a cute ribbon around them 
and stick a sweet little note on there!
and WAH-LAH that's it
CUTENESS in mini bite size.


Try these!!! Promise you will enjoy
OH, and I used Strawberry flavored:)

Tootles
bB

STOP BY TRENDY TREEHOUSE for LOADS of creativity!



11 comments:

Bree said...

I've blogged about cake pops a number of times and have so far made them twice. First time, I made them just because I wanted to try them. Me and my parents fell in love. Then I made them again for Easter dinner with the family, along with pie pops and they were a HIT! Everyone was asking about them. And now I'm making them again for halloween, I've already bought the stuff and I'm making pumpkin ones! I can't wait!
GO cake pops!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Absolutely adorable. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try these myself

Leah B. said...

These look delish! Calee made some lemon cake balls dipped in white chocolate for one of my bridal showers and they were SO GOOD!

tiff said...

I made some last week for a party and they were awesome!

Annie said...

cake pops are the best!!! i just love the bakerella!!! :) she has the most creative little treats ever!

Kandi said...

i commented on your FB, but i will comment here too! :) i LOOOOOVE these! my friend megan made some for my baby shower and they were SOOOO good! i can't wait to move back into my house (OMG did i just say that?!) because i will have a kitchen big enough to do fun projects in! :) :) yayyyyy :) :) you will have to come visit!

Kelly said...

I keep seeing these everywhere!! I think I am going to have to give these a try when I can stand in the kitchen again ;)

Leah B. said...

Hey, check out my friend's blog http://craveindulgesatisfy.blogspot. She is a runner friend of mine and her blog is all about baking. She has one on those cake pops.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Ahhh those look so good!

. said...

Those cake pops are very pretty desserts! I always want truffles when I see cake or oreo pops, so they aren't my favorite taste-wise, but they are very beautiful desserts!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

Looks yummy!