August 11, 2010

CREATIVE SHARE: Carrot LOVE

Just in the Knick of Time, 
before I pass out from complete exhaustion
I must share something sooo delish with you!

Okay let me start this off my saying I
 HATE
HATE
HATE 
Mayonnaise

BUT, I do make one exception, and ONLY one when it comes to Mayo.
I love love LOVE


 Carrot and Raisin Salad!

HOWEVER, today I had a slightly bad experience with it.
My mom and I had a nice lunch today, at a little country restaurant.
We both had Veggie plates. 
The food was really great, and I was SUPER excited to see that they had Carrot and Raisin Salad!

So I ordered it, 
Ate all of my other food, saving the BEST for last, only to find out that its not such the best.
I took a bite, and I could taste the MAYONNAISE, and only the Mayonnaise.
I was SO disappointed.

So HERE 
for you dear friends is a GOOD 
Mayo-Free recipe.

Ingredients:
1 Pound Carrots
2 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
Coarse Salt and Black Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin 
1/8 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
1/3 Cup Raisins
1 Tablespoon Olive oil

Directions:
Peel and Grate carrots
[about 4 to 5 cups]
In a large skillet over high heat bring 1 cup of water, White wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt,  1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper, 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes to a boil.
Add Carrots and raisins in the mix, 
toss to coat
Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and cook until the carrots are tender
[8 to 10 minutes]
Add the tablespoon of olive oil
Mix, and pour into a covered tight container
Chill until ready to serve!!

ADDITION!!! 
It's really delicious when you add Pineapple Tidbits, as well as flaked Coconut!

HOPE YOUR WEDNESDAY WAS LOVELY
stop by TRENDY TREEHOUSE to see and read some more BRILLIANT and CREATIVE ideas!

loveLOVE
B's

3 comments:

the real mia said...

I hat mayo. No exceptions. No mercy.

Laura said...

Hi! Found your blog from Trendy Treehouse's New Friend Fridays! Love your layout! And I might just have to try your recipe - I've never had carrot and raisin salad!

Anonymous said...

It looks great! Love the way you made an alternative. I'll have to try this... I love stuff with vinegar.