May 15, 2010

Nearly a Disaster!

OH MYLANTA
dear friends

[cred]
I just almost experienced a terrible
CAKE DISASTER
I was working on the cake for Tomorrow's Family Dinner for Decoration.
My Grandmommy specifically asked for a Strawberry Cake

So I make the Cakes,
3 Layers....
I make the frosting.
It was all going So smoothly
So much more smoothly than the last time I made it.

so I start to put all of the layers together and putting the icing on

Bottom Layer....CHECK!
perfect-o!

Middle Layer....CHeeewooaaahhhhh
FALLS TO STINKING PEICES???


What on earth?
I have never EVER EVVVEEERRR experienced any baking disaster like this.

I don't ever get to bake for my Dad's side of the family
and this time I was SO excited that they asked me to
and I was wanting so badly for my cake to impress them.

It seriously makes me sick!
SO I removed the falling apart layer
and put the TOP layer on.
So now I have a disappointing TWO LAYER cake

I'm so seriously frustrated and could just CRY!
So in my frustration,
I haven't finished putting the icing on.
I needed a break before I just trash the entire thing

Wish me better luck in the A.M.
lovelove
bB***

Dear God,
Please let me wake up with a prettier looking cake.
Thanks Big Guy!!
You're the BEST.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Two layers are better than none!!

PaisleyJade said...

Sounds so yum! Did you have time to make another layer? I hate it when that happens!!!

Flory said...

oh my...i can imagine that!!! good luck!
flory